Another name for this switch is momentary switch. It only completes or turns on when the paper clip is pressed. When released, the circuit will open and turn off.
- 2 small binder clips
- 1 paper clip
- Clip one binder clip to a cardboard brick.
- Lower the upper arm.
- Lay a paper clip perpendicular (a right angle) over the binder clip arm.
- Use your second binder clip to hold the paper clip in place.
- After it is clipped, bend the paper clip up slightly so it is not touching the other binder clip arm.
- Push the paper clip down to close the switch.
- Label with “Push Switch.”