Magic Wand Brick
This Magic Wand Switch will use a magnet to pull a paper clip wrapped in aluminum foil to close the circuit. What makes it "Magic" is that the wand never actually touches anything. This brick could be put behind a piece of paper with pictures. When the wand waves above a certain picture the switch will close (turn on).
- magnet from dollar store window alarm
- aluminum foil
- 2 small binder clips
- 2 paper clips
- popsicle stick
- Wrap a paper clip in aluminium foil.
- Clip the aluminium foil end to you brick.
- Extend one leg of a paper clip.
- Binder clip you paper clip to the brick with the extended leg over the wrapped paper clip.
- Remove sticker backing on the magnet rectangle that came with your dollar store alarm.
- Stick it to a popsicle stick or anything else.
- Wave the wand over the paper clips to complete the circuit.