Knife switches are very cool. They are usually much bigger. You might recognize them in movies like Frankenstein or Young Frankenstein.
- Rubber band
- Brad paper fastener
- Jumbo paper clip
- Scrap cardboard
- Add a rubber band across a brick.
- Clip two binder clips to the rubber band and then have them stand up.
- Attach a paper clip to the closed arms of a binder clip. Poke a paper fastener through cardboard, then binder arm, then paper clip, then the other binder arm, then another piece of cardboard. Separate the the fasteners legs.
- Open the other binder clip and add a small piece of paper or cardboard to keep the arms slightly separated.
- Attach the scrappy clips by sliding them onto the black clip of each binder clip.